The Pearl Tour
The Pearl Tour
- All year
- Day Tour
- 9-10 hours
- 08:30 – 09:00
- Price from
- 39.900 ISK
Bestseller and highest rated tour.
The Pearl Tour is an Iceland adventure where you will experience some of Iceland’s most famous and exciting natural phenomena by exploring the Golden Circle, topped off with an unforgettable snowmobile tour on Langjökull glacier.
- Pick up from hotels/guesthouses in Reykjavik
- Guided super truck tour
- One-hour snowmobile tour
- Appropriate equipment
*Dinner is not included.
- A valid drivers license is required
- Timings may be delayed or canceled due to weather and road conditions.
- 2 persons share the same snowmobile, single person per vehicle at extra cost
- Age limit is 6 years
- Only one child is permitted per adult on this tour
- Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always smart to dress in warm, waterproof clothes, weather changes can sudden so expect the unexpected.
- The ride on the monster truck is an adventure of its own, so enjoy the moods of Mountaineers!
- Bring snacks as this is a 10-hour tour
- Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor hiking shoes are recommended.
The most popular route in Iceland
Our first stop on the Golden Circle is Þingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home of Iceland’s first parliament and the oldest extant parliamentary institution in the world. Founded in AD 930, it is Iceland’s most significant historical site.
Also capturing the world’s attention is Þingvellir’s geological features where the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates can be seen separating from each other, although, ever-so-slightly year after year. Now after many millennia, you can witness the big gap that’s been formed at this geological marvel.
From Þingvellir, we head inland toward the highly active Geysir Hot Spring area with its boiling mud pits and spouting hot springs. For some wet and wild excitement, if the winds are right, you can let the falling water from the mighty geyser give you a good dousing.
We continue on to Gullfoss, one of Iceland’s most powerful waterfalls. Located on Hvítá river, this waterfall fed by Langjökull Glacier plummets 32 meters in two stages into a rugged canyon. And while you’re there, keep your fingers crossed; with a little luck, on a sunny day, you’ll be greeted by a rainbow.
To top it all off, we drive to Langjökull Glacier for another Iceland adventure where we will dash across snowfields on snowmobiles, gazing at the mountain peaks, while enveloped in this icy realm.