Glacier Ice Cave & Snowmobile
Glacier Ice Cave & Snowmobile
- All year
- Half-Day Tour
- 4 hours
- 10:00, 12:00 or 14:00
- Price from
- 29.900 ISK
The New Ice Cave
Although we know how Glacier looks it´s such an amazing experience to go inside this amazing structure. The Ice we are sculpting is over 1000 years old and you can see layers of ash from many different eruptions throughout history.
The trip to the Ice Cave is also an exhilarating snowmobile tour. When we arrive at the Ice Cave we will explore every corner and detail of it and also our Guides will inform you about everything you want to know about the Glacier.
We then head back to Mountaineers Glacier Hut and hop on the monster truck to ride back through the snowy terrain on our way to Gullfoss.
- Pick up from Gullfoss
- Snowmobile ride
- Snowsuit Overalls
- Access to the Ice Cave
- Guided tour in the Ice Cave
- Drop-off at Gullfoss
- A valid drivers license is required
- Timings may be delayed or canceled due to weather and road conditions.
- 2 persons share the same snowmobile, single person per vehicle at extra cost
- Age limit is 6 years
- Only one child is permitted per adult on this tour
- Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always smart to dress in warm, waterproof clothes, weather changes can sudden so expect the unexpected.
- The ride on the monster truck is an adventure of its own, so enjoy the moods of Mountaineers!
- Bring snacks as this is a 5-hour tour
- Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended.
After a great golden circle trip of your own, park your car at Gullfoss Café and you will be stunned by the massive trucks and super jeeps from Mountaineers of Iceland that await your arrival. Our driver will greet you at our meeting point sign and from there we start the journey to the glacial highlands of Iceland, driving from Gullfoss to Langjökull glacier.
The epic scenery on the way and the impassable road that our massive machinery eats through is an adventure on its own!
Once we get to the glacier we will step out of the monster truck and into our glacier hut for snowsuits and other accessories that keep you warm during the snowmobile ride.
When suited up we head to our parked snowmobile rows and the guide will go through the details of how to operate the snowmobile. No worries, it´s quite easy. After the short introduction, you select your snowmobile and once the guide signals you to go, the ride begins!
Riding the glacier and with good visibility, you will be emerged in the epic surroundings and lava formed rock mountains. Total whiteout is always a possibility but that is no less fun and what we truly call the moods of Mountaineers.
The ride will take you to our newly structured ice cave that Mountaineers have built so that you take a look inside the glacier.
After a thorough look inside the Glacier, we then head back to our Basecamp in our snowmobiles and then start making our way back down to Gullfoss.