Golden Circle & Glacier
Golden Circle & Glacier
- All year
- Day Tour
- 11,5 hours.
- 7:30 – 8:00
- Price from
- 33.980 ISK
- Very Easy
See the spouting geyser & hot springs, experience the magnificent Gullfoss Waterfall and follow in the footsteps of Vikings as you walk down the lava canyon where the American and European continents have been drifting apart in Þingvellir National Park. Then step aboard a Super Truck and head off into the glacier-covered central highlands where you will ride across one of the biggest glaciers in the world on an amazing snowmobile tour!
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Admission to the sights
- Snowmobile ride
- All necessary equipment for the snowmobile ride
- Free Wi-Fi and USB-charger for each seat
- In-bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- In-Bus-Audio-Guide: We recommend that you bring your own headphones, simply because they will fit you best. It is also great for the environment. If you don’t have your headphones, with you or forgot to bring them, no worries we sell earphones on board.Visibility is dependent on the weather and clouds
- Timings may be delayed or canceled due to weather and road conditions.
- Age limit is 6 years
- Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always smart to dress in warm, waterproof clothes, weather changes can sudden so expect the unexpected.
- Local Tip: Upgrade your tour to “Single Rider” on the snowmobile for more driving time on the glacier.
- The ride on the monster truck is an adventure of its own, so enjoy the moods of Mountaineers!
Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended.
Two of the Iceland Top Five in One
We will depart from Reykjavík early to catch the golden morning sun. In order to get to our destination, you will step on board our all new bus fleet, equipped with computer tablets in each seat. On the tablets, you can use our GPS Sensitive In Bus Audio Guide, available in 10 languages. So, if you wish to know interesting facts about Iceland and the places you will visit on the tour in a language that you are likely to be comfortable with, that is very possible. Onboard you will also find a USB Charger and free WiFi. Should you have any questions during the tour or about our small country, you can ask the host who will happily assist you.
The tour starts with a visit to Þingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site listing and the birthplace of the longest running parliament in the world. It is also here that the great continental plates of America and Eurasia have dramatically pulled apart and the resulting rift valley is clearly visible on the shores of Iceland´s biggest lake.
The next stop is at Geysir Hot Springs, the home of the original geyser and one of the most photographed tourist attractions in the world. Here the ground trembles and superheated water & steam erupts skywards from the spouting Strokkur geyser every few minutes.
Next, we stop for a leisurely walk down to Gullfoss Waterfall. Here the Hvítá glacial river cascades down 32 meters on two levels into a narrow canyon with a thundering roar.
Where the central highlands start, with their uninhabited pristine nature, you will board one of our custom-made Super Trucks that are capable of driving across rough snowy terrain thanks to its enormous tires. The drive to the snowmobile base camp at the foot of the Langjökull Glacier is a unique Arctic highland experience and the snowmobile tour that follows is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure.
Ride across the eternally frozen snow and ice fields of one of the biggest glaciers in the world on a guided snowmobile tour, exploring one of the last true wilderness areas in Europe and indeed the world.