Meet us at Gullfoss
Meet us at Gullfoss
- All year
- Half-Day Tour
- 4 hours
- 10:00, 12:00 or 14:00
- Price from
- 24.900 ISK
We provide the following equipment during your snowmobile tour.
- All the items are shown in the picture above.
- 1-hour Snowmobile Ride
- A valid drivers license is required
- Timings may be delayed or canceled due to weather and road conditions.
- 2 persons share the same snowmobile, single person per vehicle at extra cost
- Age limit is 6 years
- Only one child is permitted per adult on this tour
- Dress according to the weather. In Iceland it is always smart to dress in warm, waterproof clothes, weather changes are sudden so expect the unexpected.
- The ride on the monster truck is an adventure of its own, so remember to enjoy the ride.
- Bring snacks as this is a half day tour
- Good outdoor shoes are recommended.
We offer snowmobile tours for individuals and groups from our base camps on the east side of Langjökull glacier. This is a great choice for those who have their own transportation and want to top off the Golden Circle with something extra special. Our professional guides will take you on a snowmobile adventure in the Icelandic highlands, giving you the most amazing views of the majestic glacier and its surroundings.
From Gullfoss Café*
We offer daily departures from Gullfoss Café where you can park your car and grab some lunch. Our monster truck will then take you up to Langjökull glacier. Driving through Iceland, a relatively new land compared to most of the world’s terrain is quite an adventure. Looking out the window, at the sparsely settled countryside with a few signs of commercial exploits is a rare sight for many visitors.
Once you arrive at our glacier hut, you will receive the appropriate equipment, such as helmets, overalls, overshoes, gloves and a hat. Our friendly and fun-loving guides will give you instructions on how to operate the snowmobile and go over the safety procedures before you ride off into the winter wonderland.
Our snowmobiles are double-riders and children are welcome to ride as passengers as long as they have reached the age of six.
Relaxed sightseeing snowmobile ride
This tour is often a very relaxed ride on the glacier in a group. If you are seeking more of a thrill and want to go fast, you can check out our “Glacier Rush” tour – the same pickup location, same hours, totally different snowmobiles and faster pace.
* Due to the covid 19 pandemic we are unable to pick you up at Gullfoss please meet us at our base Geldingafell Camp (from June to October 2020)