Snowmobile Into The Glacier
Take your exploration to a whole new level with a snowmobile tour on top of Langjökull glacier and a guided tour into the Ice Cave.
|MEETING TIME||10:00 or 12:30|
|OPERATING TIME||All Year|
If you’re traveling in West Iceland, we highly recommend an unforgettable glacier experience. A snowmobile tour on Langjökll and explore the magnificent man-made ice cave. We have daily departures from Hotel Husafell Bistro. From there you will be transported on a truck to our glacier hut “Jaki” by Langjökull Glacier. At our hut, we gear up for the snowmobile tour by putting on an overall, helmet, gloves and overshoes. Before we head off on the vast snowfield we go through the snowmobile instructions to turn you into a comfortable glacier snowmobile rider. Through an incredible landscape, we make our way to the man-made ice cave situated 1300 meters above sea level. Just before you step into the glacier then take in the amazing view just below the clouds.
THE MAN MADE ICE TUNNEL
Iceland‘s most significant new attraction, the man-made ice cave! An amazing opportunity to explore the glacier and see it´s beautiful blue internals from the inside in a guided tour 200 meters into the ice tunnel at 40 meters under ice-cap. This is once in a lifetime experience where you will be taken to the hidden beautiful ice. This is truly an unforgettable experience where you’ll be given the opportunity to truly feel and touch an endangered natural phenomenon. This tour is completely unique, worldwide.
We finish the tour with a little bit of adrenaline by driving back on our snowmobiles to Jaki glacier hut. This gives us another chance to feast our eyes on the Icelandic highlands.
- The transfer from Húsafell departs at 10:00 and again at 12:30.
- During the winter from 16th October to June 1st, road 36/550 is closed for public traffic.
- Transfer cost from Húsafell is added to the total price ISK 3000,- per person.
- A valid drivers license is required
- Timings may be delayed or canceled due to weather and road conditions.
- 2 persons share the same snowmobile
- Age limit is 6 years
- Only one child is permitted per adult on this tour
- Bring with you: Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always smart to dress in warm, waterproof clothes, weather changes can sudden so expect the unexpected. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended.
- Tip: Upgrade your tour to “Single Rider” on the snowmobile for more private driving on the glacier.
- The ride on the monster truck is an adventure of its own, so enjoy the moods of Mountaineers!
For a print-out, click here: Directions from Reykjavík to Jaki Basecamp
Directions to our base camp
If you’re driving by yourself, then you can follow the directions below.
THE ROAD IS CLOSED FROM NOVEMBER TO JUNE.