Glacier Rush Snowmobile Tour
Wilderness snowmobiling on Langjökull, Europe’s second largest glacier!
For the Rush Seeking Traveler!
Mountaineers “SnoMo” trips are suited for those that have some recreational vehicle experience. You will be provided with a powerful Yamaha Viper snowmobile, a three-cylinder 1000cc machine with approximately 140 horsepower. These snowmobiles have more than double the displacement what we offer in our other non-SnoMo tours. These performance snowmobiles are single seated mountain machine monsters capable of literally all snowy terrains.
We do not operate the glacier rush tours with our regular tours and therefore, you will be able to travel faster, further and experience more. Our professional guides will tailor your trip according to weather and terrain and you will experience the glacier like the locals do on their own performance machines. This tour is the true glacier rush!
Our friendly and fun-loving guides will give you instructions on how to operate the snowmobile and go over the safety procedures before you set off into the winter wonderland. For this tour, we only use our most skillful and professional guides.
- We cannot accommodate for two passengers per snowmobile in these tours since the Yamaha Viper snowmobiles are single-riders only.
- If you want to be picked up from your hotel in Reykjavík, please select “Yes, we would like to be picked up” below. You will then be picked up between 8:30 am and 9 am at your pick-up place. Therefore, we request that you plan for a 9-10 hours day for the whole trip, from pick-up to drop-off at your hotel.
- Mountaineers can tailor all SnoMo trips to suit your needs and aspirations and can be offered as long lasting custom tours for 2-4 hours. Please contact us to deliver your heart’s desires.
- For those with their own vehicles, the meeting point is at Gullfoss Cafe. A direct drive from Reykjavík to there takes about 2 hours.
- The ride on the monster truck is an adventure of its own, so enjoy the moods of Mountaineers!
|MEETING TIME||10:00 or 14:00 – Gullfoss Café|
|OPERATION||November – June|
|DURATION||1 hour snowmobile tour. 4 – 5 hours in total.*|
|WEAR||Layers and good shoes|
*Please note that delays can occur due to weather and environmental forces