1. This is an adventure tour to Iceland’s second largest glacier. Keep your eyes open, look out the window, breathe in the glacial air and enjoy every moment to the fullest.
2. Icelandic weather can be unpredictable. We keep track of the forecast but the weather can change abruptly and force us to react to it. We will be 1000m above sea-level. Please keep in mind that weather conditions can be different from those in lower altitudes.
3. This is a super truck tour. The roads are trails, sometimes we will let air out of the tires to be able to “float” in the snow. If all goes well this is a terrific way to travel. Unfortunately we do get stuck sometimes. It may take us some time to get unstuck but we do have other cars and guides that are never far off to help us.
4. Daylight is limited during the darkest time of year. If everything goes as planned on our tour you will be able to see Gullfoss, Þingvellir, and Geysir in the daylight.
5. Dress warmly! You will be provided with gear for the snowmobile tour: snowmobile suit, helmet, hat, gloves, and shoes. We still recommend that you wear your warmest clothes, especially during winter.
6. These are the Icelandic highlands, close to the country’s second-largest glacier. Up there nature can be unkind, but it can also be an amazing experience. On a good day we will see the glacier ablaze and the highlands to the south! We can also see various volcanoes along with Hvítárvatn which is the source of Gullfoss.
7. In bad weather the experience is different. You might not get the best views of the surroundings but you will experience the power of Icelandic nature in a thrilling way.
8. We have extensive experience in operating adventure tours and we follow the strictest safety standards. We kindly ask all of our guests to comply with the guidelines provided by our staff.
9. Above all, be prepared to experience the nature of Iceland!
10. We reserve the right to change travelling plans due to weather conditions.
Wear whatever is comfortable. It is preferable to dress in layers and wear clothing that will keep you dry and comfortable. Warm, wind proof clothing in addition to good, sturdy shoes should do the trick.
We provide you with the following gear on the glacier for the snowmobile tours: Overalls, gloves, shoe covers and helmets.
Yes you can! It is perfectly safe and fine to wear your backpack when snowmobiling. If you find it restricting you can also bungee cord the backpack on the rack of the snowmobile.
You will meet the driver at the upper parking lot, right outside Gullfoss Cafe. Your driver will be wearing clothes with our logo on it and he will also be holding a sign that says Mountaineers of Iceland.
Any cancellation made within less than 24 hours prior to departure will be fully charged.
Yes! We are open every day of the year and offer snowmobile tours year-round. The landscape and surroundings will differ between seasons but we always have snow and a seriously good time!
The age limit for snowmobile tours is 6 years old.
The age limit to operate a snowmobile is 18 years old, and a fully valid driver’s license is needed as well.
Children and those who don’t hold a driver’s license are welcome to ride as passengers.
Yes. Reservations are required for guaranteed spots on all tours. Reservations help us determine the number of guides we need to ensure that our groups remain manageable and enjoyable, and they allow us to notify you of changes to the tour due to weather or anything that could disturb the tours.
The Golden Circle is a 300km long tourist route that loops from Reykjavik into the center of Iceland and then back. It covers Þingvellir National Park, the Geysir hot spring area and Gullfoss waterfall.
It is important to understand that in Iceland you can experience all four seasons in less than one day. It is vital to wear comfortable and appropriate clothing to be able to enjoy the excursions to the fullest.