A Brand New Ice Cave!
Imagine going glacier snowmobiling with us and stopping in a natural ice cave!
|INCLUDED||Pick up from Gullfoss|
Access to the Ice Cave
Guided tour in the Ice Cave
Drop-off at Gullfoss
Possibly after a great golden circle trip of your own, park your car at Gullfoss Café and you will be stunned by the massive trucks and super jeeps from Mountaineers of Iceland that await your arrival. Our driver will greet you at our meeting point sign and from there we start the journey to the glacial highlands of Iceland, driving from Gullfoss to Langjökull glacier.
The epic scenery on the way and the impassable road that our massive machinery eats through is an adventure on its own!
Once we get to the glacier we will step out of the monster truck and into our glacier hut for snowsuits and other accessories that keep you warm during the snowmobile ride.
When suited up we head to our parked snowmobile rows and the guide will go through the details of how to operate the snowmobile. No worries, it´s quite easy. After the short introduction, you select your snowmobile and once the guide signals you to go, the ride begins!
Riding the glacier and with good visibility, you will be emerged in the epic surroundings and lava formed rock mountains. Total whiteout is always a possibility but that is no less fun and what we truly call the moods of Mountaineers.
The ride will take you to our newly discovered ice cave that Mountaineers have built a custom entrance for ease of access all winter long!
The Brand New Ice Cave
The ice cave was discovered just before winter and was this giant opening that seemed endless. Our expert guides were in awe and already planning to maintain access since winter was just around the corner and with it a great deal of snowfall that would seal up the entrance. After building an access to the mysterious world of ice we are able to welcome travelers into a safe environment and actually, experience the unique natural beauty of the ice cap from within. The trip to the Ice Cave is an exhilarating snowmobile tour. When we arrive at the Ice Cave we will explore every corner and detail of it, although it´s mostly round, for approx.
We then head back to Mountaineers Glacier Hut and hop on the monster truck to ride back through the snowy terrain on our way to Gullfoss.
This is going to be the story you tell after an incredible trip to Iceland!
- A valid drivers license is required
- Timings may be delayed or canceled due to weather and road conditions.
- 2 persons share the same snowmobile, single person per vehicle at extra cost
- Bring snacks as this is a 5-hour tour
- Age limit is 6 years
- Only one child is permitted per adult on this tour
- Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always smart to dress in warm, waterproof clothes, weather changes can sudden so expect the unexpected.
- Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended.
- The ride on the monster truck is an adventure of its own, so enjoy the moods of Mountaineers!