THE PERFECT WEST ITINERARY
The best activities and the most beautiful sights of West Iceland are featured on this popular day tour.
We start with a Reykjavik pick up and drive through Hvalfjörður fjord to the Borgarfjörður District and further inland, we visit waterfalls Hraunfossar and Barnafossar and make our way through the Húsafell woodlands.
At Húsafell, we leave the main road in our super jeep for a highland trail to Iceland’s second largest ice field, Langjökull Glacier where we visit our glacier hut, Jaki. At the hut, we give you overalls and accessories to stay warm for the snowmobile ride. After a brief lesson on safety and instructions, you will become a confident snowmobile rider.
INTO THE GLACIER
After about a 20 min snowmobile ride up to the top of the glacier, we find a tunnel that leads into it!
We take a guided tour 200 meters into the glacier and 40 meters under it into a man-made ice cave, bringing the exploration to a whole new dimension.
It is time to snowmobile back to the hut and move on to the next activity.
On our way back to Reykjavík we stop at Deildartunguhver, Europe’s most powerful hot spring and from it was created a wonderful geothermal spa with one of the greatest facilities you can find in Iceland, variety of hot tubs and a relaxation room with a firepit and a view of the mountains.
heading back to Reykjavik
This tour will surely leave you in awe and refreshingly relaxed after a great days adventure.
|PICK-UP TIME||08:30 – 09:00.|
|INCLUDED||Pick-up from hotels/guesthouses in Reykjavik|
Access to Krauma
Access to Into the Glacier
Drop-off at hotels/guesthouses in Reykjavik
- A valid drivers license is required
- Timings may be delayed or canceled due to weather and road conditions.
- 2 persons share the same snowmobile, single person per vehicle at extra cost
- Bring swimsuit and towel
- Bring snacks as this is a full day tour
- Age limit is 6 years
- Only one child is permitted per adult on this tour
- Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always smart to dress in warm, waterproof clothes, weather changes can sudden so expect the unexpected.
- Transport is not necessarily a Super Jeep
- Pick up is up to 30 minutes before departure